Terms of Service
What information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information upon your either a) creating an account, or b) placing an order: name, address, business name (for organizations), phone number(s), and email address(es).
How do you collect this information?
We collect this information upon your typing it into fields on our web pages.
Why do you collect this information?
We collect this information so that we may produce your orders and ship them to you, and so that you may log into your account to place orders, review your orders, change your personal information, change your password, and delete your account.
With whom do you share my information?
We keep all of your personal information strictly confidential and private. We do not sell it or divulge it in any way, by any means, to anyone.
How do I obtain a record of all information that you have collected?
Please send us your request here.
How do I correct my personal information?
If your personal or business information is incorrect, log in to your account, click "Personal Info" on the left, click "Edit", update your personal info, then click "Save."
How do I delete my personal information?
If you have an account, follow these instructions.
When you delete your account, we replace all instances of your personal information with an anonymous code that permits us to retain business records as we are legally required to do, but without any of your personal information.
if you do not have an account, tell us your request here.
Do you collect or store my payment information?
We do not see, collect, store, process, forward, or transmit any payment data, such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers, checking account numbers, PayPal login and account information, or any other payment-related information. All payment processing is completed by PayPal, using PayPal code, on PayPal servers. After PayPal completes your transaction, they notify us only that a payment was completed for a certain dollar amount for a particular invoice number. We receive no other information from PayPal.
We retain your original, high-resolution images on a private, secure server that is not accessible to the public. We retain these images for at least one year because we must have a record of what we produced for you. If you wish us to delete your images sooner, please contact us.
We will always keep the original images you upload to our server strictly private and confidential. Your original high-resolution images are stored on a highly restricted, non-public-facing secure cloud server that is only accessible by our website. Aside from producing your order, we will never use, display, print, transfer, copy, give, share, post, or otherwise divulge any of your original high-resolution images. When you upload your images to us, you do not transfer or convey any copyright or ownership of the images to us.
We make a private, low-resolution copy of your original high-resolution images so that we may efficiently display your work to you on the website as you manipulate the image on our site, so that you may use our shopping cart, so that we may produce order confirmation and shipping emails we send to you, so that we may produce internal workflow documents, packing slips, and any certificates of authenticity, and so you may easily re-order past orders. These low-resolution images will never exceed 800 pixels x 800 pixels. Aside from purposes directly related to producing and shipping your order, we will never use, display, print, transfer, copy, give, share, post, or otherwise divulge any of these low-resolution copies without your explicit written permission. These images are not indexed by search engines, and will not appear in any Internet searches.
Indigo Image Lab, Inc. is the sole processor and controller of your data. No data is processed by any other entity, with the exception of PayPal, Inc., which processes all of your payment-related information, such as credit card numbers.
All of your personal information is stored within a secure physical facility. Your data is encrypted at rest using the most-secure encryption procedures available. All interactions with this web site must take place over secure TLS connections, making it extremely difficult for unauthorized people to gain access to your personal information. We use additional, state-of-the-art risk mitigation policies that make it extremely difficult for unauthorized people to gain unauthorized access to the site. Read more about how we protect your data and your account.
If you have any concerns about the misuse of your personal data, please call us at:
Or, you may write a letter to us at:
ATTN: Neil Goldman
Indigo Image Lab, Inc.
16525 W 159th Street
Lockport, IL 60441
Terms of Service
In order to use this site, you must agree to the following Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all of them in their entirety, you may not use the site.
- We will reprint and reship your order for free if the shipper lost the shipment, or if we printed the job at the wrong size, or on the wrong paper, or using the wrong image, or if there was a material defect in the product you received.
- If your shipment arrives damaged and was shipped with UPS, contact us immediately. Please take one or two clear pictures of the damaged package and the damaged prints so we can file a claim with UPS.
- If you ship by USPS, our responsibility ends at the time that USPS picks up or takes possession of the shipment. We are not responsible for late, missing, lost, or damaged shipments.
- If you have been notified on our website that your image is "low resolution" or that the print might be blurry (or other similar wording), we will not reprint or refund your job if you are dissatisfied due to blurriness, pixellation, .jpeg artifacts, lack of sharpness, or other symptoms of printing a low-resolution file at a large size.
- No free reprints or refunds of jobs where multiple copies of the same print were ordered and the total cost of the multiple-quantity print order of that individual image had a price of more than $250. We strongly advise, for quantity jobs, that you order a single test print first on the same paper to ensure the print meets your expectations.
- No free reprints or refunds of jobs after 30 days of your receipt of the job. You agree that you'll promptly inspect what you receive from us and notify us of any problem within 30 days of receiving it.
- The "Free Design Service" advertised on this site is for simple, straightforward processes such as converting an image to black and white, removing a few small scratches, and other work that takes less than 15 minutes of work, and does not extend to all possible graphic design services or guarantee that we will never charge for graphic design work.
- You agree to return any unsatisfactory product to us in order to receive a refund.
- You accept that, for jobs without borders, the very edges of your images (up to about 1/8") will not appear on your final print. This is an unavoidable result of printing your images so that they extend to the edge of the paper. You agree to submit images that do not have important visual features within 1/8" of the edge of your images.
- You agree that we will charge your credit or debit card at the time you place you order, not the time your order is shipped.
- You will use IndigoImageLab.com (the "Site") for lawful purposes only.
- You will not upload images to be printed that violate any laws, or that depict disturbing, shocking, violent, offensive, obscene, or grotesque content, or that contain content that is produced primarily to appeal to the prurient interest and that has no significant artistic value in our sole and absolute discretion.
- You agree that we reserve the right to reject your job and refuse to print any images for violating these Terms of Service in our sole and absolute discretion.
- You will upload only images to be printed for which you own the copyright, or for which you have received explicit written permission to print through us from the copyright holder. Indigo Image Lab, Inc. will respond to DMCA takedown notices and remove, destroy, and cease to continue to print work that constitutes copyright infringement. Read our DMCA Policy.
- You agree that once an order is picked up by the shipper, our responsibility ends. If your shipment is delayed or lost, you must reorder the job at your expense. More info about lost packages.
- You will not use the Site if you are younger than sixteen years old.
- You will not do anything which interferes with the Site's proper operation, including but not limited to sending automated requests, attempting to reverse-engineer the software, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the service.
- You will not do anything that harms our users, including but not limited to divulging another's personal information, posting threatening, obscene, violent, libelous, hateful, or other harmful content, posting or causing to be sent unsolicited content (spam), or posting malware.
- You will not reverse engineer or otherwise try to derive or obtain the source code that operates IndigoImageLab.com.
- The source code, and all content on the site, is copyright © 2020 by Indigo Image Lab, Inc. You agree that you will not use any source code or material obtained from the site.
- You give us permission to email you when your order is placed, when your order is shipped, when we have a question about your order, and to send you a single survey email per order.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Indigo Image Lab, Inc. and our officers, agents, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you upload to our site.
- WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SITE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." YOU AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE MAY GO DOWN AT ANY TIME WITH NO WARNING, EITHER TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY. YOUR IMAGES AND ORDERS MAY BE PERMANENTLY DELETED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT WARNING DUE TO ERROR OR OTHER FAULT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR THAT CONTENT LOSS WON'T OCCUR. YOU AGREE TO NOT DEPEND ON THE SITE AS THE SOLE STORAGE LOCATION OF YOUR IMAGE FILES. YOU AGREE TO MAINTAIN YOUR OWN BACKUPS AND YOUR OWN COPIES OF YOUR IMAGE FILES. Some places don't allow some any of these disclaimers, so they may not apply to you.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FROM ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS WHICH ARISE FROM USING THE SITE, EVEN IF IT OPERATES INCORRECTLY OR STOPS OPERATING, EITHER TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY.
- These Terms of Service, including any Terms incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service, constitute the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede all other agreements, whether prior or currently in force, whether written or oral, concerning your use of the site.